01 May 2009

Beware of groaning bushes

Pulling out another classic for this edition of House Music Friday... hope you don't mind...



I follow the House music pretty closely, so I feel I can say that despite the fact that he seems to be really old, Markus Nikolai would count as a "one-hit wonder"... which is fine, I am currently a "no-hit blunder"... so I ain't frontin'. And the thing is, his one hit was possibly more Fatboy Slim's fault than his, as it was this remix that got all the spins. I neither have nor even know what the original sounds like...

Markus Nikolai - Bushes (Norman Cook Remix) (ysi)







But then again, it's probably not as good. I remember much being made of the supposedly saucy lyrics to this jam. "If the bushes in the park groan after dark"... well, most likely it's a homeless guy jacking off, so ew... And I'll think I'll leave it at that. Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I prefer the original.

Anonymous said...

The original sounds like it would be used for a Donkey Kong game. Minus the lyrics of course.