31 August 2009

You had me at "Wikki-wikki-wikki-wikki"

Back from a weekend of hiding (inside the apartment) from the burnt-out post-apocalyptic hellhole that is the San Fernando Valley. Seriously, between the heat and the smoke, it's like a scene from The Road around here right now. Google it...



London Funk Allstars were one of Ninja Tune's first batch of acts, and despite putting out two nice albums of sample-riffic Downtempo beats, they have done virtually nothing sense. I imagine that they followed their mums' advice and got sensible jobs doing peoples taxes or baking tasty pastries. That or they were kidnapped by Mongols. It's one or the other...

London Funk Allstars - Wikki's Revenge (ysi)







Pretty much any song with guy going "Wikki-wikki-wikki-wikki" is going to win me over, so LFAS had this one in the bag. Now, for my next trick, watch as I smoke a ham simply by setting it on my patio for an hour...

No comments: