06 April 2010

Blog-achella X: It's That Dude From That Band

And now, I present reason number two why Sunday, Sunday, Sunday is the day to go to Coachella. You'll buy the whole seat, BUT YOU'LL ONLY NEED THE EDGE!

Thom Yorke & Atoms For Peace



Who he is: The dude with the kooky eye from that band I can't quite remember the name of. Something about unicorns, I think...

What he sounds like: Well, Thom's album The Eraser is a very sparse electronic affair which also happens to be a couple years old. You've heard it plenty and already own it most likely so there's nothing for me to hip you to there... so here's a remix of the song that this current band is named after. Maybe you have this one, too, maybe you don't...

Thom Yorke - Atoms For Peace (Four Tet Remix) (ysi)






What I think: So that's what that sounds like. But from what I've read (like for instance here), the band... which consists of Thom, Flea, longtime Radiohead producer Nigel Godrich and a couple of other less interesting dudes... spices things up a bit. Now, I'm as dubious about Flea as the next guy, but seemingly once freed from the vortex of douchebaggery that is Anthony Kiedis and/or Perry Ferrell, he's still pretty good at music sometimes... check it out...



Lookit little Thommy get his groove on! Next thing you know, he's gonna be on Soul Train. Anyhoo, I rate this one a don't dare miss it... but you knew that. Tomorrow... the last post! Oh snap!

No comments: