01 April 2010

Blog-achella X: Now With More Fucking Awesome

Almost every year, there have been big additions to the Coachella lineup well after the initial announcement... hell, right up to the week of the show. Daft Punk was a late add, as was Massive Attack. And a couple of little known acts named Madonna and Kanye West. So you always have to expect something wacky to happen... and this year is wackier than most, because now playing on Saturday night are...

KISS



Who they are: You wanted the best and you got the best! The hottest band in the world... KISS!

What they sound like: For all the makeup and the fireworks, the blood spitting and through-the-air-flying, KISS really just plays basic, catchy Rock & Roll that sticks in your head like a big, um... head sticking thing. You know way more of their songs than you're willing to admit, so DON'T FRONT, POSER! Also, they went Disco once because fuck that "Funkytown" shit...

Kiss - I Was Made For Lovin' You (ysi)






What I think: It's certainly causing some Indie kids' heads to explode over on the Coachella boards, but I support this 100%. Because fuck it, Coachella is about fun and say what you will about KISS... I've seen them in concert and they're kinda really fun. There. I said it. AND IT FEELS GOOD! CATHARSIS, BITCH! I mean, look at this...



Are you telling me you don't want to see that? You telling me you'd rather sit there stroking your beard to some beard-strokey shit? YOU LIE! YOU LIE OR YOU'RE IN DENIAL! Kiss is comin' to Coachella, bitches. Which makes the current scoreboard:

Gene Simmons: 1,000,000
You: 0

Deal with it.

2 comments:

Maarten said...

hey, you once did a post on jt donaldson. A house dj... He has a a song called 'rama lama' I believe it's a remix of Roisin Murphy's song. You wouldn't by any chance know where or how to find that record? i need it badly...
Thx anyway

Tonegent said...

I'll take a look in the ol' iTunes and get back to ya. :)