02 September 2010

Post #902 or "I can't think of a good title for Post #902"

I don't really have much in the way of a witty intro today either, so let's just get on with it...



Rob Swift was an original member of the legendary scratch crew The X-Ecutioners. I'm not sure why he's still not with them, so let's just say that there was a falling out involving a giant pile of cocaine and a horny octopus and let our imaginations run wild. Also, I remember him having some good parts in the Turntablist documentary Scratch, which if you haven't seen... seriously, what the hell's wrong with you? You haven't seen Scratch? Netflix that shit. I'll wait...

...

...

Sorry you had to bump Tyler Perry's Why Did I Get Married Too? down in your queue, but trust me, you'll thank me later (it really drags in the third act). Anyhoo, if there's anyone qualified to make an anthem for turntablists, it's this guy... even if this jam is a little laid back for an "anthem", it displays mad skillz... and Pharaohe Monch, who we love...

Rob Swift - Turtablist Anthem (ft. Pharoahe Monch & Kia Jeffries) (ysi)






And here's a random display of said mad skillz in video form...



Just for the record, I cannot do that...

No comments: