27 September 2010

SPOILER ALERT! Sheena = A Man.

It's a good thing I don't have any hipster cred, because it's posts like this which would just lose it for me anyway... not that I care...



You know what I never noticed until today? I never noticed how the cover of Tone Loc's magnum opus Loc'ed After Dark was a direct homage to Donald Byrd's iconic art for A New Perspective. And you thought Tone Loc wasn't down? Stop yer hatin', you haterz. Also, check out probably the best jam he ever did, flippin' a smooth Stevie sample over some lyrics that are far from the family-friendly vibe of his big hits... which we won't mention by name, lest the hating begin anew...

Tone Loc - Cheeba Cheeba (ysi)






Admit it... that's a pretty good jam, isn't it? I SAID ADMIT IT! Or keep on with yer hatin', whichever you prefer...

No comments: