30 September 2008

Something you may not know...

Prepare for a shocker...



Now, I don't know if you knew this, but apparently sometimes Reggae artists like themselves some marijuana. I know, shocker. But just in case you have any doubts, I will direct you to Mr. Linval Thompson and his cryptically titled album, I Love Marijuana. I know, tricky... but you'll figure out the hidden meaning, I'm sure. Anyhoo, this is a really, really good, yet sadly out of print, Reggae album that also includes the jam "Dread Are The Controller", which led off Johnny Greenwood of Radiohead's Reggae mix CD for Trojan. Been a while since I worked a random Radiohead reference into a post. Bet ya thought I was slippin'...

Linval Thompson - I Love Marijuana (ysi)




Now, I'm not not going to say that I don't not like the marijuana myself, if you don't not know what I'm sayin'... know what I'm sayin'? Hey, ya never know who's readin' this... :P

1 comment:

Hanan said...

haha nice.