14 January 2009

Capital City Funk

I can't remember exactly what it was, but I think I heard that something is happening in Washington D.C. next week. I'll get back to you on that if it comes to me. I only mention it because today we have a D.C. music legend...



... and that legend is Mr. Chuck Brown and his Soul Searchers. Chuck's the guy responsible for the awesome (if overused in TV ads) "Bustin' Loose" and the infamous "Ashley's Roachclip". I say infamous because the break from that song was used for the beat of Milli Vanilli's "Girl You Know It's True" (and about a half million other songs). So yes, in a way, Chuck Brown is responsible for Milli Vanilli... You know what? I'm not sure I like him that much anymore. Maybe some time I'll tell you all about the time I saw Milli Vanilli "live" in concert. Epic. Anyhoo...

The Soul Searchers - Blow Your Whistle (ysi)







Oh yeah, now I remember what's going on in D.C., sorta. Something about some dude with a funny name. Supposed to be a big deal... maybe I'll check it out... :P

No comments: