06 January 2009

In which I provide some actual information for a change...

In the last few months, I've posted a few times on my growing obsession with the African funk, and I'm here to tell you that's gonna last all the way through 2009, so get ready for some...



Orchestre Poly-Rythmo, also known as T.P. Orchestre Poly-Rythmo or Orchestre Poly-Rythmo de Cotonou... just to clear up that confusion, which I know has been bothering you... were/are the biggest band in the West African country of Benin, which used to be called Dahomey... just to clear up that confusion, which probably wasn't bothering you that much. They were another band that fused the raw African sound to James Brown funk, and have recently actually been heard of outside of Benin thanks to the work of Analog Africa, who released this compilation as well as another one devoted entirely to O.P.R. (as their friends call them) in the last year. How's that for informational, suckas?

Gabo Brown & Orchestre Poly-Rythmo - It's A Vanity (ysi)







Not that I'm planning on getting all informational around here or anything. Because we've established that I don't know jack... but good tunes! YEEEAHAHAHAHA! Sorry, guess I should go take some more meds now... :P

No comments: