02 August 2010

Of Jell-O and Junos

Went on what ended up being a 30-mile bike ride yesterday as part of a friend's birthday festivities, and today... well let's just say that my legs are so Jell-O-like that Bill Cosby just tried to take a bite out of them. HEYOOOO! But seriously, I learned an important lesson yesterday... just because you are not morbidly obese, it does not mean you are in shape. It's a fine yet important distinction. But hey, it was fun. As soon as I can walk again, I'll consider giving it another go. Next, in music...



... I have an underdog entry for the Best Of 2010 (So Far) List, and that comes courtesy of L.A. producer Tom Wilson, aka Take. There's this whole scene of really esoteric, cerebral downtempo coming out of Los Angeles these days (a scene more famously known for Flying Lotus, Nosaj Thing, Ras G, etc.) and this might be my favorite record so far from said scene. That got you interested? Check it...

Take - Incredibright (ysi)






Nice, huh? And yes, I am aware that a couple of sentences back I used the word "cerebral" and "Los Angeles" in the same sentence which is quite the oxymoron... hope that didn't confuse you too much... but if that didn't, this might. WARNING: GEAR NERD TALK...



I'm pretty glad I was able to avoid developing a serious gear habit... I'm broke enough as it is...

No comments: