09 May 2007

Mos Def vs. Jack Bauer

Hey, we haven't heard any hip-hop in a while...



Mos Def is pretty much just an all-around cool dude. He makes good music, he's a pretty good actor, he's does the Def Poetry, he hangs out with Dave Chappelle... and he closed down Coachella a couple years back in most memorable fashion. You wish you were there... it was awesome. Yup, he's kind of a renaissance dude. The only thing he can't do is program a TIVO. Seriously, I missed three episodes of 24 because I left that guy in charge, and I'll never forgive him. You can't just miss three episodes of 24, ya know? Too much goes on! (Okay, that didn't really happen, but I gotta say, this year after getting off to an awesome start... what with Jack having to kill Curtis and the nuke going off in Valencia, the show went straight into the crapper. The appearance of Ricky Schroder = the exact second 24 jumped the shark. If Zack from Saved By The Bell shows up next year, I'm gonna go burn down the Fox lot, I swear.) They should put Mos Def on the show next year as Curtis' pissed off brother who comes and challenges Jack to a freestyle battle, loser gets a cap in his ass. But Jack would probably win because Chloe would be sending him rhymes on his PDA. Either that or Jack would shoot him in the face.

Where the hell was I going with this? Uh, never mind...

Anyhoo, Mos Def put out his third musical album recording in December, and this is a selection from it. I like when Mos sings, as he does here, and I like the reggae vibe for him as well...

Mos Def - Crime & Medicine




... so yeah, that's pretty good. And check out this flick he just finished shooting with with Jack Black. I'm gonna see the shit out of that movie. But unfortunately it's not out 'til next year... damn.

--------------------------

Finally, a quick reminder not to fuck with Jack Bauer...



That tree got off easy, if you ask me.

No comments: