07 May 2007

Plus Music

Okay, it's official. Summer is here. How do I know? Because it's 8:00 AM and it's already 80 degrees in Burbank. Get ready to sweat, people. This one's gonna be a doozy.

Ready for a genius segue?

Wait for it...

From hot weather to cool tunes!

Damn, I'm good :P



Germany's Compost Records is one of those labels where you can buy anything they put out without listening ahead of time, and have no worries that it's gonna be tight. Take this record for instance. I'm pretty sure I came across it at an Aron's sale or in a used bin somewhere, looked at the artist, title... never heard of 'em. Flipped it over, saw the word "Compost" and instantly put it in the "to buy" pile. Took it home and was just floored by how good it is from start to finish. Minus 8 is in fact the alias of Swiss producer Robert Jan Meyer, and well, that name is kinda boring, so good work on the handle, bro. The sounds on the record vary from way-downtempo to way-uptempo, kinda like Jazzanova, and since I've brought that name up, I'm guessing I don't have to say much more. Here's some mid-tempo broken beat bliss...

Minus 8 - Beyond Material




I could listen to that stuff all day...

--------------------------

Oh, and for some great videos from Coachella, be sure to check out the stellar recap over at Benzaiten Music. You'll feel like you were there, except your braincells will still be intact and you won't have had to throw away your shoes. Peace.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

ooh! I love this song! And have NEVER heard it! love when that happens : ) Thanks for the link and shout out Tone!