21 December 2007

The Obligatory Christmas Music Post

Ho Ho Ho, suckas! It is time for me to follow the unwritten blogger's code and throw some holiday music your way. But don't get me wrong, I love Christmas... I love getting presents, and I love giving presents even more, so accept these as my presents to you and you and especially you...



First off, since it is House Music Friday, after all, here's a cut from the pretty darn cool Om Records holiday compilation released a couple years back. Although it was recorded under the Members Only name, you might know this artist better as Kaskade or Late Night Alumni. You got a little "Nutcracker" in there, a little "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen", and some nice deep house beats. Sure, like most all Christmas music, it's a novelty tune, but hey, you don't hear much Christmas House, do ya?

Members Only - Christmas Eve (ysi)




----------------------------------------------------------

Next, a band I'll bet you never thought you'd see around here...



Yes, it's one-hit wonders Harvey Danger! Do you even remember the hit? Me neither, but this track for one of Los Angeles radio station KROQ's annual morning show Christmas CDs should really be considered a modern day Christmas classic, because who out there can't relate?

Harvey Danger - Sometimes You Have To Work On Christmas (Sometimes) (ysi)




----------------------------------------------------------

And finally...



Well, let's just say, if you're not down with "South Park" or are just easily offended in general, you might not want to listen to this one. All the rest of you, revel in the hilarity...

Mr. Garrison of South Park - Merry Fucking Christmas (ysi)




Merry Fuckin' Christmas, indeed all. I hope yours is fantastic and beautiful and all that jazz... I'll be back after New Years to start '08 off with a bang...

Peace!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

...please where can I buy a unicorn?