21 January 2010

Blog-achella X: Based on the novel Push by Sapphire

Greetings and welcome to Day 3 of this krazy kerfuffle, a day notable in that it's the first one this year in which I do not feel compelled to skip someone. How many of these days are there gonna be? Hopefully more than a few, but we'll see...

Little Dragon



Who they are: Three beardy Swedes and the hot Japanese babe that makes them bearable to look at.

What they sound like: If there's one thing Swedes seem to be good at these days, (other than getting rewarded huge amounts of money from Tiger Woods) it's fun, electronic Pop music. This latest album seems to be pretty evenly split between Trip Hop-y downtempo numbers and more dancier steez and... someone back me up on this... I have the feeling these kids have listened to a lot of Prince...

Little Dragon - Looking Glass (ysi)







What I think: See what I'm sayin' about the Purple influence there? Yes? No? Me crazy man go nutty in head? Listen to the whole album... it's there in most all of the uptempo songs, I tells ya! Prince, Goddammit! Anyhoo, moving pictures...



Gotta be honest, between this and the other live clips I saw on YouTube, I'm a little wary. Not exactly blowing me away with the live chops. Anyone out there seen 'em? Am I right? Wrong? Or, as the kids on the Coachella board say, a total A-hole? Wait... don't answer that last one...

3 comments:

Marcy said...

From what I had of their Boston show I was expecting a lot more than what I got at their KCRW halloween show. I was bored and left, and it takes a lot of musical boringness for that to happen. She was wearing a mask, so I couldn't even enjoy her hotness.
I will probably check them out though b/c the new album is sweet.

Tonegent said...

Okay, so it's not just me ;)

ShawnLyon said...

Actually I have seen them a few times. Saw them at the Roxy and it was pretty amazing. Although, I must confess (and its no surprise), I do like the mellower trip hoppy stuff which is few and far between in their shows. I think you should check them out though Tone, you may be surprised.