11 January 2010

Live from The Comedy Pouch in Possum Ridge

Let's start the week off with some comedy, just for shits and giggles... and because the world is nothing but an endless, meaningless catastrophe spinning relentlessly toward a horrific apocalypse...



I've been around enough stand-up comics in my day to know this. Show me a well-adjusted, happy, non-something-addicted, productive member of society doing stand-up, and I'll show you someone who's not fucking funny. Comedy is pain, people! And Bill Hicks seemingly had his share. This short bit isn't even necessarily anything amazing, yet still it gets more laughs outta me than an hour of Dane Cook... well, unless Dane Cook had his leg caught in a wood chipper, which would be fuckin' HEE-larious...

Bill Hicks - Fevered Egos (ysi)







Go troll through some more Hicks quotes and decide... was he ahead of his time, or has shit just been this fucked up for this damn long?



Back to music tomorrow...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't think it's that he's ahead of his time but it's that he knows irony and is talented and honest. He had a passion for more than just getting a paycheck.
Unfortunately those types of comedians are hard to find.

Anonymous said...

and I also think if he'd been around longer to develop his art further he'd of been more well known and appreciated. So I think it's not that he was ahead of his time but that tragically he passed before his time.