25 January 2010

Blog-achella X: The Case of the Fake German

Because life's too short to sit through mediocre music when it's 105 degrees outside, I'm gonna quickly skip through some stuff here...

When one listens to the songs on Aeroplane's Myspace, one asks themselves... does one really need to hear Doves or Robbie Williams remixed in an '80s Disco style? No, one doesn't really...

And if the band name Deer Tick isn't enough to turn one away, surely the lead singer that sounds like the love child of Bob Dylan and Sonny Bono will do the trick...

Now one such as myself would, you'd think, give the band Ra Ra Riot bonus points just for being from Syracuse. And I do, and they're not half bad... and enough of the "one" stuff, because it's pretty stupid...

So next up is Proxy! who are a rather unimpressive Russian Fidget House act... meh.

How about Dillinger Escape Plan? Nope. Look, if you wanna put a Metal act or two on the bill, its fine, but unless it's Iron Fucking Maiden I have not the time! RUN FOR THE HILLLLLLLLLLLLLLS! RUN FOR YOUR LII-IIIIIIIIIFE!

Now, I gotta say I'm somewhat intrigued by the whole concept of DJ Lance Rock of Yo Gabba Gabba! Quite possibly the best acid trip of the day, to say the least... you gotta check this out...



What. The. Fuck?

Next, Lucero, who may be one of the worst Alt. Country acts I have ever heard. Makes me wanna drink a case of whiskey, shoot my dog and crash my pick-up. So let's send you into the Sahara Tent today...

Wolfgang Garnter



Who he is: Actually he's Joey Youngman, a House producer from Austin, TX whom I've covered here before. What someone needs to tell him is that the fake German moniker doesn't make him any less fugly.

What he sounds like:
He sounds like kind of a prick in interviews, but that's not what we mean here, is it? Actually, Deadmau5 is a lovely comparison...

Wolfgang Gartner - Latin Fever (ysi)







What I think: I think I'll give him the benefit of the doubt because dude makes pretty good records, but some pasty guy behind decks is not always the definition of "excitement". To wit...



Bonus points for rockin' the Pioneer CDJs. I assume, also, that the Sahara Tent will be slightly more happenin' than that party. I hope, anyways...

No comments: