25 January 2010

Blog-achella X: It's Okay If You Suck

Now, I realize that in a case such as Coachella, not every band is going to be great. Hell, you don't even want every band to be great, because that just creates conflicts over who to see. And conflicts just make us all rage-y, and you wouldn't like us when we're rage-y. But that said... seriously, where do they find some of these duds?

Like Sleigh Bells. They seem to be a combination of The Kills and Fidget House... which is an insult to the Kills for which I apologize. I hope Kate Moss doesn't go on a scotch bender and beat my ass for comparing her dude's band to this crapola. But it's a pretty decent comparison really, so suck it, Kate Moss...

Iglu & Hartley are apparently an L.A. band, although I've never heard of them either. Then again... I never go out any more, so that means fuck-all. BUT! Awful, cheesy Pop. I mean, is this a Disney show I've never heard of? Where did this come from?

Not that I have a problem with little known acts... I just prefer little known acts that are GOOD at music, such as...

Ceu



Who she is: She is NOT Bebel Gilberto...

What she sounds like: ... but she does sound a lot like her...

Ceu - Rosa Menina Rosa (ysi)







What I think: I know... real 500-level criticism there, eh? But fuck it, it's accurate. It's a hot Brazilian babe and there's some electronics... it writes itself! But hey, Ceu does let a little Reggae into the mix, unlike Bebel, so there's that...



So yes, more of this, please. And remember to say thanks for the shitty bands, too. Because without them you'd be worried that you were missing something good. This has been "Deep Thoughts"...

No comments: