09 March 2007

Blog-achella '07 - Against Me! (Sun.) / Air (Sun.)

All righty, then. Now that we've gotten started there can be no more of this one band a day dilly-dallying. No, siree. We go double shots from here on out... which leads to some very odd pairings of mp3s around here. Like so...

Against Me!





Who they are: Some punks from Gainesville, Florida. Go Gators! (Actually, screw the Gators. First they win the national championship in basketball, then they win the national championship in football, too? Jeez, bet their heads aren't too big right now. Am I just hatin' because my Syracuse teams suck? Of course I am.)

What they sound like: Loud and shouty...

Against Me! - Pints of Guiness Make You Strong (Live)



What I think: One bonus point for excellent song name, which brings their final total of points up to... one. Sorry, just a wee bit too shouty for me. And this is what he sounds like on all the songs, which is rather annoying. Don't get me wrong. I have a bit of appreciation for the punk rock, but you can kinda hear 'em trying to sound like The Pogues here, which in my book is a bad idea. You can't try to sound like The Pogues when you're from Florida. You've probably seen the sun and brushed your teeth at least once in your life (okay, maybe scratch the brush your teeth part... they could be from the swamp, after all... man, I wanna ride one of those dope-ass fan-boat things some day... those are rad... but I digress). And besides, who wants to mosh in 100 degree weather? Dumbasses, that's who.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Air





Who they are: Well, as you can see in this recent photo, apparently they're like the T-1000 Terminator model, only much more French and sophisticated.

What they sound like: They got the new album called "Pocket Symphony" (love that title) coming out in March, and let's just say it is quite sufficiently Air-y. No experimentations in dubstep or reggaeton here, so don't you worry. Here's a track from it... (if there are new people reading the blog this year, yup, that's how we roll around here!)

Air - Mer Du Japon



What I think: Air's main stage set at sundown a couple of years ago is definitely up there with the all-time legendary sets at Coachella. Will they put them back in that same time slot? They damn well better, or else someone's gettin' a cock-punchin'!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh, and I've uploaded a new song over at my music page. It's called "Low Flowtation", and yes, I spelled it that way to be "cool". Spelling is for nerds. Lemme know if you happen to like it.

No comments: