20 March 2007

Blog-achella '07 - Ozomatli (Sat.) / Peaches (Fri.)

Ahhh... just got back from a Tuesday morning walk on the beach... because "Extra" is on hiatus... and because I can :P

Ozomatli





Who they are: Los Angeles' best party band, 256 years running.

What they sound like: Latin + Funk + Hip-Hop + Shake Yo Booty, Beeyatch! They have a new record coming out in April, but I'm gonna take ya way back today. I remember when I used to go see these guys in small clubs in L.A. when they were just starting out, places where they would barely even fit on the stage (the original lineup having must have been a dozen members, including DJ Cut Chemist and MC Chali Tuna of Jurassic 5, who are no longer with them). Yup, I'm old school like that! Be all impressed and shit. This one was one of those original jams.

Ozomatli - O Le Le
Ozomatli



What I think: Despite the fact that their lineup has gotten watered down over the years, I will refer you back to the "Who they are" section, and bid you good day.

----------------------------------

Peaches





Who she is: A dirty, dirty electroclash bitch... and damn proud of it!

What she sounds like: I was never a big fan of the electroclash back when it was all the rage (what, 3 years ago?), but this here song off her new album is kinda rockin' and good.

Peaches - Boys Wanna Be Her
Peaches - Impeach My Bush



What I think: Despite the fact that I'm not a huge fan, I can't see Peaches not being fun live.

Okay, back out to the beach...

No comments: