09 March 2007

Blog - achella '07 - The Avett Bros. (Sun.) / Benny Benassi (Fri.)

Okay, um, possibly the wierdest tandem of tunes ever here in the blog. Guess that's what keeps it interesting, eh? That and my witty commentary, of course.

The Avett Brothers





Who they are: They are from North Carolina, and only two of them are brothers... which I guess means the other guy is some kinda dirty interloper or something.

What they sound like: Blugrass, bitches! No, really. This is a blugrass band. At Coachella. OMGWTFROFL!

The Avett Brothers - Swept Away



What I think: Hey man, I love bluegrass as much as the next guy. Unfortunately, this...


... is the next guy. Squeeeeal!

But I jest.

Ok, not really.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Benny Benassi





Who he is: No less than Italy's leading DJ! No, really. It says so right on his website.

What he sounds like: I'm guessing your typical big room house DJ fare. As for his original productions, he seems to specialize in bad house remakes (anyone for "Girls Just Want to Have Fun 2006"? Anyone?) but he's put out a couple good choons. Like this one. You know it.

Benny Benassi - Satifaction



What I think: I think he makes excellent videos...



Well, excellent for the fellas, anyway. Us mens is pigs :P

'Til Tomorrow!

No comments: