09 March 2007

Blog-achella '07 - Busdriver (Fri.) / Manu Chao (Sun.)

Upon reading the awesome Sarah the Awesome's latest blog, I see that I am not the only one feeling slightly ambivalent about the big Coachizzer this year. BUT, hey, I'ma keep doin' dis thang, because the most important part of it, whether you (or I) attend the show or not, is to find some great new music you (and I) haven't heard yet. Because whether or not one breaks up with Coachella, one can never break up with music. Why not? 'Cuz music always gets half. I mean you can't even get the bitch to sign a pre-nup :P

Busdriver





Who he is: A hometown L.A. rapper with perhaps the best real name of any rapper yet. Busdriver's real name is Regan Farquhar. You'd expect someone with a name like that to be Chip Doddsworth's roomate at Brown, majoring in Economics and rowing Crew, wouldn't ya?

What he sounds like: Remember Z-Trip two years ago, the MC that came on for one song and rapped reeeeeeeeally fast? That was our boy Mr. Farquhar. He's a bit on the crazy side.

Busdriver - Kill Your Employer (Recreational Paranoia is the Sport of Now)



What I think: Love it. Great beats plus ridiculous flow plus batshit crazy equals winnah in Tone's book.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Manu Chao w/ Radio Bemba Sound System





Who he is: Says Wikipedia, "a French Latin folk singer of Galician-Spanish origin". I actually didn't know where he was from. Actually don't know that much about him at all, which is kinda odd since he's a pretty big deal.

What he sounds like: Um, hard to say... world music with all sorts of different influences... Latin, Reggae, North African... you know, just your typical mix.

Manu Chao - Mentira



What I think: That's nice, but it's pretty mellow, huh? Most of his stuff is. So how come I keep hearing how wild and crazy his live shows are? Oh yeah, that's where Radio Bemba comes in...



Whoa! Now that looks like a party! Count me in!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Now, apparently there's a big game going on this weekend. And no, I'm not talking about the Puppy Bowl. Not that anybody cares, but I think, and it pains me to say this, that Peyton Manning is gonna get it done and the Colts will win in a surprisingly close and potentially great game. I just can't see Sexy Rexy bringing it in the big one. Maybe the Bears defense will stamp the Manning Face permanently onto Peyton's grill and win the game by its damn self (which, of course, they've done on more than one occasion this year), but I just don't see it happening. And hey, maybe with the win, Peyton can finally get himself a TV commercial or two.

Colts 31, Bears 24 (with the winning Colts score coming very late. My S.U. boy Marvin Harrison with the MVP, 100+ yards, 2 TD including the winner.).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Check out this site!

http://boots.forum2go.nl/

LOADS of audio and video bootlegs!!! Primus, Manu Chao, Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Korn, RHCP, Deftones, SOAD...