09 March 2007

Blog-achella '07 - Grizzly Bear (Sun.) / David Guetta (Fri.)

Yesterday's groups were so much better... sigh...

Grizzly Bear





Who they are: A very large carniverous quadrup -- okay, okay they're a band from Brooklyn. 4 guys. And I'm pretty sure there are beards involved.

What they sound like: Very mellow and acoustic. Again! Seriously, if you wanna spend this entire Coachella like, layin' on yer back, lookin' up at the sky and/or the stars and just, you know, BEIN', man... while sensitive, bearded men play sensitive bearded songs, you will have absolutely no problemo. Well, unless someone accidentally steps on your face, that is. Man, do I hate people who lay on the ground at Coachella when it's night and it's dark and my eyes can't see straight anyway... and then I trip over 'em and they look all pissed at ME? Hello, I'm not the dumbass lying on the ground IN THE DARK WITH 60,000 PEOPLE STUMBLING AROUND WASTED OUT OF THEIR MINDS!!! DUMBASS!!! Ahhhhh, that felt good to get out...

Grizzly Bear - Knife



What I think: Huh? What? Sorry, I nodded off there... not bad home listening, though.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

David Guetta





Who he is: A French house DJ, but not of the robot variety, rather of the well... do I have to say it? I mean, look at the picture...

What he sounds like: No, seriously, look at the picture. This dude makes BT look street, and that, my friends, is no easy feat.

David Guetta - The World Is Mine



What I think: See? Told ya. He's so cheesy, he's in cahoots with Oakenfold, and need I say more? Seriously though, between him, and Benassi and Tiesto and Van Dyk, yuck... the Sahara tent is going to be the suck a large portion of the time.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And finally, check out my music page for another new tune, called Eboa. Kind of a tracky tech-house thing... fo da dancfloor, yo!!! (whatever)

No comments: