26 March 2007

Blog-achella '07 - The Rapture (Sat.) / Ratatat (Sun.)

Hey everybody... hope you had a great weekend... mine kinda looked like this...



Yeah, the drive's a bitch every day, but I think it's well worth it...

----------------------------

Next, allow me to get a bit meta on you here and use the blog to talk about the blog. Up for two weeks and visitors already from Canada, Mexico, The UK, Spain, France, Belgium, Switzerland, Germany, Slovenia and The Czech Republic! Too freakin' cool! Y'all need to say hi, so I've switched the comments settings so that anyone can leave one. So please do ;)

----------------------------

All right, enough dilly-dallying. Time for some music.

The Rapture





Who they are: One of the first wave of the dance-punk bands, reppin' the "House of Jealous Lovers", NYC.

What they sound like: Like they've taken their game way up a notch. I would have easily dismissed them as one hit wonders after "House...", but fuck, this new album is reallllllly good. These boys might just have some staying power after all. There are also some genius remixes floating around out there... but here's an album cut.

The Rapture - Don Go Do It
The Rapture - Pieces of the People We Love



What I think: In case you haven't figured it out, I'm highly recommending them. What's that you say? You hadn't figured it out? What are you, dense in the head? :P

----------------------------

Ratatat





Who they are: A couple more dudes also from NYC, who dabble in the rock + electronica thing.

What they sound like: Well, it's a little bit of the rock + a little bit of the electronica... and, well, it's kinda just okay from the few songs I've heard. However, they do some pretty rad remixes, so I thought I'd mix it up a bit and throw one of those at ya, 'cuz who don't love a little Biggie Smalls on a Monday morning?

The Notorious B.I.G. - Party and Bullshit (Ratatat Remix)
Ratatat



What I think: Hard to say, depends on what kind of set they play. If they've figured out a way to perform some of the remixes live, that would be very cool. I mean, all you gotta do is bring Biggie back from the dead... how hard can that be. They do that shit in movies all the time. It would be a lot more impressive than the Crowded House reunion, that's for sure...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the Biggie Remix by Ratatat! I'll check out some of their other stuff too!
Thanks!