09 March 2007

Blog-achella '07 - The Black Keys (Sat.) / Blonde Redhead (Sat.)

So wait, Saturday and Sunday are sold out already? What, did they limit the amount of single day tickets available in order to drive up sales of the $250 3-day tickets, knowing that not many people will go for the 3 whole days, so let's make 'em? I dunno... I don't see any way in hell that the Red Hot Chili Peppers playing AGAIN, the Arcade Fart and Cock-iesto (see, I didn't even feel like being clever there, such is my bile) could justify Saturday tickets selling out like instantly... I mean, because as awesome as LCD & Gotan & MSTRKRFT and all those folks are, they certainly didn't sell 50,000 tix. So either there's an artificial scarcity of single day tickets, or...

... maybe it's not just our little thing anymore... hmm... i kinda liked it when it was our little thing. As a matter of fact, I don't think anyone outside of California (with the exception of people I personally know and like) should be allowed to come to Coachella. Get your own festival, bitches! I don't wanna have to pay extra money to a scalper for a ticket because some hesher in Pennsylvania sold his fuckin' IROC for ticket money to see Rage Against the Machine reunite. Nothing against Rage, mind you, it's people from Pennsylvania we don't need. (If said hesher was from Baker, home of the world famous BUN BOY, however, come on down, bro!) Tell you what, Pennsylvania, you can have RATM... hell, throw in Limp Bizkit, Live, fuckin' Slayer, Kiss, 311, Anthrax and, fuck, I'll even try to talk McGrath into puttin' Sugar Ray back together for ya (dude owes me 5 bucks anyway), rent out Beaver Stadium and have yourselves a fuckin' hootenanny!!!!! Just stay outta my Coachella! P.L.U.R. my ass!!!!!! Blow me!!!

Anyhoo...

The Black Keys





Who they are: A couple doodz from that musical hotbed... Akron, Ohio

What they sound like: Like the White Stripes but less whiny and with a drummer who actually knows how to play drums.

The Black Keys - Your Touch



What I think: Not bad. And they can't possibly suck as hard live as the White Stripes do. Like I said, the one dude seems like he actually maybe played the drums at some point BEFORE forming the band, and the other dude can't possibly be as big a guitar wank-off as Jack White, so they gotta have somethin' on the Stripes. Plus they read Silver Surfer, and Silver Surfer is fuckin' rad. You know he's the focus of the next Fantastic Four movie right? Cop the teaser trailer. Spiffy!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blonde Redhead





Who they are: A New York band consisting of a cute Asian gal and a couple of apparently hands-y Italian brothers. Twins, no less! Twins kinda creep me out.

What they sound like: Kinda indie, kinda experimental, kinda "meh".

Blonde Redhead - A Cure



What I think: The kind of band that gets the indie kids' knickers all in a bunch, but leave Tone's knickers pretty much unaffected...

Actually the big Beaver Stadium show can have both of these, too. That line-up is shaping up... hold it... late add here... Guns' N Roses! And what's that? Moby in the dance tent? Will ya stay home now? Please?

UPDATE: Aw, man! I just read that Bun Boy is now a frikkin' Bob's Big Boy!?!?! WTF??? America has just lost another little piece of it's soul...

No comments: