23 March 2007

Blog-achella '07 - Pop Levi (Sat.) / Rage Against The Machine (Sun.)

Here's where I get flamed...

Pop Levi





Who he is: A Liverpudlian, which is a pretty funny word, you gotta admit...

What he sounds like: Got a kind of retro '60s rock thing going on with what sounds like a bit of electronics lurking under there somewhere perhaps kinda.

Pop Levi - Sugar Assault Me Now
Pop Levi - Sugar Assault Me Now - EP



What I think: I love to come up with something more clever and insightful than "meh", but I just cant rustle it up today :P

--------------------------------

Rage Against The Machine





Who they are: Everyone's favorite ultra-left wing rap metal doodz.

What they sound like: Q: If I said that the only thing separating them from the Linkin Parks and Limp Bizkits of the world was a better guitar player and some freshman dorm politics, would I get my ass kicked? (A: Yes)

Rage Against The Machine - Renegades Of Funk
Rage Against the Machine



What I think: A good band. Like this song very much. But way overrated. Maybe it's because I'm just not into the angry music any more, maybe it's because I think their sound is really dated, maybe it's because I suck, but I'm just not nearly as excited about this "big reunion" as a lot of people. Musically, these guys were followers (of your previous day's headliners, for example), not innovators. It's not like you're going to hear of a whole generation of bands influenced by these guys, like you would for say, The Pixies. Or at least I haven't. But then again, maybe I don't know what the heck I'm talking about :P

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I feel you on the Rage Rant. I am right there with ya. And because of the hype I get no sunday ticket to all the GOOD acts playing Sunday.
Grrrrrr!