09 March 2007

Blog-achella '07 - The Arcade Fire (Sat.) / Arctic Monkeys (Fri.)

Two bands today that are the subject of incredible amounts of hype. (Don't worry, I won't reference Flava Flav again... or wait... I guess I already did. Shit. What a hack). But is the hype justified? Let us examine...

The Arcade Fire





Who they are: I guess I didn't realize they were from Montreal. Kinda makes me feel sorry for 'em, having to deal with the Quebecois. They wanna secede from Canada, as you may know, because they're French and douchebags. But the funny thing is, they're such douchebags, the French don't even give a shit anymore. Now THAT says something.


What they sound like: (Oh jeez, here's where I start gettin' in trouble... ) Twee Indie pop with a very high wank factor.

The Arcade Fire - Black Wave/Bad Vibrations



What I think: Maybe I'll give 'em a chance... but lump these guys in with Sigur Ros in Tone's book. Not what they sound like, obviously... at least Arcade Fire has a pulse. No, I'm talking about the band whose whose live show is supposed to be so awesome because some of 'em can play more than one instrument and they hop around a lot. Not that Sigur Ros hops around. Why, they'd have to stop staring at their shoes to do that. But nah, it's about what they're actually playing and this sort of stuff makes me cringe. Sorry, Arcade fire fans, ya know I still love y'all, but it just ain't happenin'. But hey, you'd follow me over to watch, say, Konono #1 and be like "Tone, what the fuck IS this shit?", so it's all good :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Arctic Monkeys





Who they are: The biggest band in the UK right now... or maybe that was 5 minutes ago and now they suck. You never know with the Brits.

What they sound like: Um, pretty much straight-ahead hooky, punky rock. Very British, though, innit?

Arctic Monkeys - I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor



What I think: Catchy tune. And once again proving that the British bands just seem to do it just a little bit better, huh? I mean, we get all that emo-screamo bullshit for rock and they get this. I'll take this over 3 million Jared Leto-fronted groups of whiny-ass mascara wearing bitches any day. You hear me Jared Leto? I just called you a bitch! And your band sucks! Whaddaya gonna do, try to choke me? Bring it, sucka. I ain't no hobbit!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow, I'm full of piss and vinegar today. So let's counteract that with something ridiculously cute and fluffy...



Awwwwww...

No comments: