09 March 2007

Blog-achella '07 - CSS (Sun.) / The Decemberists (Sat.)

A new attempt at some interactivityness today on the blog, but first we may have a fight on our hands...

CSS (Cansei De Ser Sexy)





Who they are: I believe they are the rightful owners of the name "Brazilian Girls", as demonstrated in this handy scientific chart.

Band Name Actual # of Brazilian Girls
-Brazilian Girls 0
-CSS 5

So what's up with THAT, so-called "Brazilian Girls"? You dirty posers! I think these girls should kick your ass, and I'm pretty sure they could. So give it up, or come get yer pain!

What they sound like: Just really fun. Bouncy indie dance pop.

CSS - Let's Make Love And Listen To Death From Above



What I think: A bunch of crazy Brazilian Girls (REAL ones!!!) bouncing around on stage playing fun dance tunes? Count me in!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Decemberists





Who they are: A Portland, Oregon band beloved by bloggers, but not so much by Novemberists, who think Christmas is way overrated and commercialized.

What they sound like: More of that wimpy indie pop that the kids seem to love these days. For some reason, while listening to this song, the words "Gordon Lightfoot" popped into my head.

The Decemberists - Sons And Daughters



What I think: The Indians called it "meh"ze. Sorry for that joke. No, really, I am. It's just that I'm to up to my ass in Anna Nicole Smith here at work to think of anything good. But I did think of this... polls! I love comments, but if you can't be arsed to leave one, at least click one button on the poll. Is this lame? Lemme know...

No comments: