13 March 2007

Blog-achella '07 - Mando Diao (Sun.) / Stephen Marley (Fri.)

Stay tuned for awesomeness... but first, music :P

Mando Diao





Who they are: A band from Sweden. Are these the first Swedes we've come across in this whole thing? Step it up, Sweden!

What they sound like: A bit Garage Rock, a bit Brit Rock.

Mando Diao - Sheepdog
Mando Diao - Bring 'em In



What I think: Was this song used for an iPod commercial, or is it just me? I kind of like this a bit, but you expected that when I said they sounded Brit Rock, didn't you? I'm so predictable it's not funny anymore. Like, I could drop a "Fuck Interpol" here for no reason and you wouldn't even be surprised. So Fuck Interpol. See? The thrill is gone :P

--------------------------------

Stephen Marley (featuring Jr. Gong)





Who he is: Son #24 of Bob. Which did he have more of, kids or albums? Dude liked to sow that seed, yo! But that's nothing. There were some Amish families where I grew up that had 157 kids. And all the boys were named John. True story. BTW, in case you forgot, Jr. Gong is Damien...

What he sounds like: Much more like Damien than Ziggy, aka... more hip/hop & dancehall than roots reggae. I went with a mellow track, well, because it's really freakin' good. Plus it's got Mos Def.

Stephen Marley - Hey Baby
Stephen Marley



What I think: "Mi come here fi drink milk, mi noh come here fi count cow". Yeah, that's what I said.

--------------------------------

And this, well it's just something random that got posted on the YouTubes that blows my mind. This happened 20 miles away from my parents farm when I was 6 years old. I can still remember my folks driving me and my brother by to see the ramp while it was being built... but for some reason we didn't watch it happen in person. I can't remember why... but then again, it was 30 years ago. Fuck me, I'm old. But anyways, this guy makes Evil Knievel look like a pussy. Ok, not really, but he's pretty awesome.



When I get my rocket car, I'm gonna try this again... and I'm gonna MAKE IT, beeyatch!!!!!

No comments: