16 March 2007

Blog-achella '07 - Nickel Creek (Fri.) / The Nightwatchman (Sat.)

Blog-achella, being the public service that it is, sometimes makes it necessary for me to post music that I wouldn't normally give a rat's ass about. But I do it for the children. We must always think of the children!

Nickel Creek





Who they are: Strangely enough, they hail from Carlsbad, CA...

What they sound like: ... a place I would necessarily identify with acoustic country bluegrass pickin' and grinnin'.

Nickel Creek - When In Rome
Nickel Creek - Why Should the Fire Die?



What I think: Okay, we get it... the tie-in from Stagecoach. Willie Nelson is one thing, but it's getting kind of silly. Next!

----------------------------

The Nightwatchman





Who he is: Tom Morello, with a lame alias.

What he sounds like:
A bad Johnny Cash impression. Amazingly (me being such an interwebs ninja and all) I couldn't find a single mp3 anywhere to share with you. But the YouTubes came through for me.



What I think:



-------------------------------

Okay, phew... that's done. But that just doesn't seem to be enough for a Friday. You deserve some bonus content... so... Super Mario Brothers!!!!!





Have an awesome weekend. With March Madness and St. Paddy's Day going on at the same time, here's a link that should come in handy on Monday. ;)

1 comment:

doctashock said...

Keep it coming man... it's good to be here.