09 March 2007

Blog-achella '07 - Happy Mondays (Sun.) / Richie Hawtin (Sun.)

Yer twistin' me melon, man!

Happy Mondays





Who they are: Shaun Ryder (one of the most awesomely batshit crazy frontmen in the history of rock) and his merry band of wackos, reunited! I especially like the Bez guy who doesn't do anything but dance.

What they sound like: Madchester lives, baby! I was SO all over the "baggy" sound back in the day. These guys, Stone Roses (now that's a reunion I'd love to see), Charlatans, The Farm, you name it. I still have all those CDs, even the Soup Dragons! Love it, love it, love it!

Happy Mondays - Bob's Yer Uncle



What I think: In my book, the biggest reunion of Coachella this year. Rage Against The Machine? Bah! They weren't even broken up that long, plus they're overrated. No sir, this is where it's at. The question: will they be awesome or a complete train wreck? The answer: who bleedin' cares?!?! This is the Happy Mondays! Get off yer tits for this show, or yer missin' the point, mate! 24 hour party people, massive!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Richie Hawtin





Who he is: Aka Plastikman, the techno forefather from Windsor, Ontario, eh.

What he sounds like: Mnml Techno at it's finest, eh. Don't be scared aboot that, though... it's not so bad, eh. I even managed to dig up a full live set for you hosers, so take off, eh.

Richie Hawtin - Live In Detroit 11/22/06



What I think: I think I'll drop the Canadian schtick. I'm kind of having a revival of liking the techno, but I can usually only get into this kind of music for short periods of time. It can be deep, in-the-pocket funky or it can just get boring 'cuz there's not so much going on. But if you listen to the set up there, most of it is pretty good, and when you consider it will be very LOUD with pretty lights and whatnot, I'm sure it will be fun for at least a look-see.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh, and BTW, why don't some of you hosers who have found the blog through the RSS feed feel free to say hi and make yourself known in the comments, eh?

:P

No comments: