09 March 2007

Blog-achella '07 - Kaiser Chiefs (Sun.) / Kid Beyond (Sun.)

Posting a little late today... why? Oh, because I just spent the last hour of my life, one I'm pretty sure I will never get back, trying to find some headline from a tabloid claiming that Courteney Cox and David Arquette's marriage is "on the rocks". GASP! OMGWTF?!?! The public must be alerted!!!!! Now, naturally, I cannot imagine a world without a happy, functional Cox/Arquette union to serve as an anchor in this sea of uncertaintly called Earth 2007, so I get right on it. I'm flipping through every goddamn tabloid we have, and I can actually hear my brain cells withering and dying on the vine like unpicked pinot grapes in a sudden frost as I peruse stories of Angelina's so-called anorexia, Britney's so-called lesbianism (which I'm all for, btw) and Jessica and John's so-called hot sex sessions, and nothing, dammit! So I go online, and find some headlines there. Thank goodness for the interwebs, right? Then I gotta go back and forth between a couple of people to see if we can get the permission to use the interwebs pages, then we do. Success! Finally! Exactly that second, the producers cut the story. After one hour of dealing with this bullshit. I love my job.

Kaiser Chiefs





Who they are: A combo from Leeds, UK that came out originally right along with Bloc Party and The Bravery and all that lot.

What they sound like: Kind of like that lot. They have a new one out, but I picked this song off their first record because of the recent Lily Allen/Mark Ronson cover that has been out there. If you listen closely, the verses kind of sound like a pirate sea shanty... or is it just me?

Kaiser Chiefs - Oh My God



What I think: Caught a show of theirs on the telly a few months back, and they are a very fun live band. Recommended.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kid Beyond





Who he is: Beatboxer extraordinaire from the Bay Area.

What he sounds like: He is very much like a Jamie Lidell in method, sampling and looping himself on the fly to build rather impressive compositions. His singing voice isn't nearly as good though, although his beatboxing, noisemaking skills may be even better. Supposedly, everything you hear on this track came out of his mouth...

Kid Beyond - Deep Inside



What I think: My innate music techy nerdiness makes me a sucka for this sort of thing. I wouldn't miss it. Just watch the following video he made for Ableton Live (the software). If it leaves you all impressed, you'll know what I'm talking about...

No comments: