09 March 2007

Blog-achella '07 - !!! (Sun.)

All right everybody, here we go... another year of Blog-achella gets underway... where we find out who the hell these people are! We will be wandering around that polo field in a chemically induced haze (What? Beer is a chemical. Did you think I was talking about -- oh my! Well, I never! Shame on you!) from stage to stage in quest of some good music... who shall we to listen to and swing our bits about as we do, and who shall we leave to the people who embrace the suck? There's only one way to find out, so lets begin, shall we?

Actually first, I must point out the special redesign of the blog, especially that super sharp banner up at the top. Sweet, huh? It better be! You have no idea how much I paid for that design! The hours in front of the focus groups! I spared no expense!

Also, just to mix it up a little bit this year, instead of going by day, I'm gonna do 'em in alphabetical order. Why? 'Cuz some dude on the Coachella message board actually took the time to arrange all the band names in such a list. What a dork.

(Hello, pot? This is the kettle. You're black.)

But enough of the flim-flammery! Let's do this shit!

!!!



Who they are: A Brooklyn based band formed in Sacramento that recorded their latest album in Nashville... oh, and they're on a British label (Warp). Most people pronounce the name "chk chk chk", but personally I want to start a lobby for "Sproing! Sproing! Sproing!". I think that sounds way more fun.

What they sound like: I guess you would put these dudes into what the blog kids call the "Indie Dance" nowadays, a term that I'm not sure if I'm terribly fond of, but hey, who am I? I'll tell ya who. I'm the damn BOSS, that's who I am! I make the rules around here! I am the Hip N--- In Charge! You hear me?!?!?!

Um... where was I? Oh yeah, they're funky, they have guitars and sometimes horns and vocals and things. LCD Soundsystem is not a bad comparison, but these guys are a bit more loose and freaky.

!!! - Heart of Hearts

What I think: I would guess a very fun band to see live, and they are in fact hyped as such. I'm leaning towards ignoring Flava Flav's advice and believing the hype this time, but after the Debacle of The Juan McLean last year, I'm not so sure anymore. Yes Juan, if that is in fact your real name, that's what you have done. You have brought my hype-believing instincts into question! I hope you're happy. Cock.

(Ah, welcome back, Blog-achella, ol' pal...)

No comments: