25 January 2008

Blog-achella 08: Cabeza de radio

Because the word Radiohead = hits on yer webs page...

Porter



Who they are: Ladies and Gentlemen, the Mexican Radiohead...

What they sound like: I didn't make that up by the way, I read it somewhere on teh interwebs that these guys list Radiohead as their #1 influence. Them and Sigur Ros and bands like that. So how does the Mexican Radiohead sound? Almost exactly as dreadful as you'd expect.

Porter - Espiral (ysi)




What I think: Um, thank you for playing, guys, but you lose. No new dishwasher for you, but please accept this lovely parting gift, a year's supply of foundation make-up. Looks like you need it. I mean, I never realized that people could actually come in black & white. You should maybe have that looked at...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

As if trying to be radiohead wasn't pretentious enough, I don't understand how can the possibly be playing at coachella

arturo said...

mm sorry to turn you down, porter could be influenced by the sound of radiohead or even sigur ros, but call them the mexican radiohead?? i dony think so, try listening to the rest of their EP o the full LP or see them live..