20 February 2008

Blog-achella 08: Funk fi-yah!

Okay, pretend I was going to Coachella on Friday instead of Saturday (can't, stupid "job")... then I could say "Believe it or not, this is the act I'm most excited to see on Friday", and you'd be like, "Really?", and I'd be like "Really!"

Sharon Jones & The Dap Kings



Who they are: They are one bad black mama and the (mostly) white boys that back her up. Because it seems that most all of the hippest current funk "revival" bands are pretty darn white in composition. Discuss...

What they sound like: Like they stepped straight out of 1965 and straight into your ass! In a good way... In a good way!

Sharon Jones & The Dap Kings - Give Me A Chance (ysi)




What I think: Fuck and yes. I mean, I don't need to say much about it. If you can't dig Sharon Jones & The Dap Kings, you're probably rooting for the terrorists to win. How 'bout some extra video goodness?



Now, if you still can't dig it... (sighs, shakes head dismissively, resumes getting funky)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

sadly, I might have the same "job" issues. no matter the tickets in my pocket. and yes, this would be THE REASON to go on Friday....that and spank rock....
please music angles--grant me the day! ;)