18 February 2008

The ORIGINAL Gangsta

Another one of my all-time favorite artists to start the new week, but this one you might not expect...



Now, don't get me wrong. I hate Country music. Watered-down rock with a slide guitar and an annoying accent? No thank you, sir. So why then, do I love Johnny Cash? Because he's the baddest mutha ever to put a song on wax, that's why! He shot a man in Reno, just to watch him die! Johnny Cash didn't need no beef, he just whacked fools because he was bored! One time, Johnny Cash was playing Ice Cube in basketball... know what happened? Johnny Cash fucked around and got a triple double, that's what! Back when I did this blog on Mysuck, I wrote a whole essay one day about how Johnny Cash was so much more gangsta than 50 Cent, and I stand by that! But I won't rehash the whole thing...

But there's another reason to love Johnny Cash. He was one of the best storytellers ever through his lyrics. Listen to this song, and doubt for a second that Johnny hadn't lived every second of it a thousand times over. Hell, your own hung-over self can probably relate quite well today, US readers on Day 3 of the long weekend...

Johnny Cash - Sunday Morning Coming Down (ysi)




So yes, I hate Country music, but I love Johnny Cash. And if you have a problem with that, Johnny will rise from his grave and kill you with his bare hands, just to watch you die. Don't fuck with Johnny Cash!

No comments: