14 February 2008

The greatest band in the world

I've been doing this blog for nearly a year now, and finally I'm posting a song from my favorite band of all time...



I know that cover won't tell you who it is, but this 2-disc compilation does include a remix of the band that is simply better at music than everyone else and that band is... (drumroll)... Radiohead! OMGWTFLOL! A blogger whose favorite band is Radiohead?!!?!?! I've never heard of such a thing! This kind of paradigm-shifting craziness might just break the interwebs! I know, I know... but hey, there's a reason Radiohead is so popular... they make your favorite band sound like amateurs. The only thing that has held me back from posting a track up here is that seemingly every single thing they've done has been covered a million times over... but I think I've found one that hasn't been blogged yet, at least according to Hype Machine and Elbows searches I did. And that track is this remix of "Planet Telex", from The Bends, courtesy of the mighty Mr. J. Saul Kane, aka Depth Charge. He puts the track against a huge dub baseline, a huge-ier boom-bap beat, and drenches the vocal in echoes, stretching it out into a 7 1/2 minute head trip. Dig it...

Radiohead - Planet Telex (Depth Charge Mix) (ysi)




Ahh, nothing beats a good Radiohead remix. I hope this one is new to you, and encourage you to pick this comp up for the 5 bucks it's selling for on Amazon. This puppy didn't leave my CD player for months after I picked it up, and I would probably rate it as one of the best I've ever heard... just look at this tracklist... heavy hitters top to bottom! Get on that...

No comments: