25 February 2008

Blog-achella 08: The Oscars rock Coachella... softly...

Okay, I said I watched the Oscars last night... I didn't say anything about paying attention. I didn't even realize that the next Blog-achella act, like, won one. How's that for wacky timing?

The Swell Season



Who they are: The singer from Irish band The Frames and his 19-year-old Czech sex muffin. Nice.

What they sound like:
Reaaaaaaalllyy mellow, acoustic and folky. And Oscar-winning! They now have something in common with Juicy J!

The Swell Season - Falling Slowly (ysi)




What I think: It's purdy and all, but trying to see an act that plays music this quiet at Coachella is almost always an act of complete frustration. You either get drowned out by the rawk comin' from the big stage, the boom-boom-boom from the Sahara tent, or the annoying high people who won't just, you know, shut the fuck up for five seconds... so keep that caveat in mind, sucka.

No comments: