06 February 2008

Blog-achella 08: Time to jam, bra!

I think these guys might be on the bill so Jack Johnson has someone to play hacky-sack with...

John Butler Trio



Who they are: Yet another Australian band (although Mr. Butler was born in Cali). Last year it was the Canucks, this year it's the Aussies.

What they sound like: Jam band alert! Lock up your patchouli and/or your bong! 'Cause that shit's gonna get totally bogarted!

John Butler Trio - Better Than (ysi)




What I think: While certainly nothing special, I'll take these guys over the last couple acts any day. As much this is music for dirty, dirty hippies, I can't totally hate on it. (Full disclosure: I totally dug the Spin Doctors when I was in college... hate me!) But maybe I'm defending this because the hipsters are so quick to hate on it, and quite frankly the hip-sters may be an even more pathetic group of losers than the hip-pies (italics added to emphasize cleverness). Discuss...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hee hee.

Cody Carter said...

that's cool.